Did you know that stress caused by the fear of going to the dentist is a known ailment called dental anxiety? Although it is common, fortunately, there are treatments that can be given to help ease the fears people have when visiting the dentist. For more information about dental anxiety, consider the following:
– Listening to calming music can help you throughout your dental procedures, as some people experience dental anxiety based on the noises at the office.
– If you are overwhelmed by dental anxiety, make sure to speak with your dentist and let them know so that they can assist you.
– Although you may feel too uncomfortable to speak up if you still feel pain after an anesthetic, it is important that you do so, as anesthetics work on various levels for each person. This way, you can get the exact dosage that you need.
– Sometimes squeezing an item such as a squeeze ball or fidget spinner can help you overcome dental anxiety during your treatments.
– Taking deep, slow breaths can help you to relieve stress and lower your dental anxiety.
For any additional questions or concerns about dental anxiety, Patchogue Dental Service PC is here to help you with all your oral health needs. For a complete diagnosis from Dr. Iqbal Sayed and our team at our dentist office in Patchogue, New York, you can schedule an appointment by calling us at 631-758-6689. Don’t let dental anxiety control your life. It’s time to fight back and get the smile you deserve!