Do you think you may grind your teeth at night? If so, you are not alone. Thousands of people suffer from teeth grinding, also known as bruxism, which leads to many oral health complications. The best way to treat this condition is to see a specialist like our dentist, Dr. Iqbal Sayed with Patchogue Dental Service PC in Patchogue, New York.
To help you identify more about teeth grinding and see if you have this condition, our dental team has compiled this list for you:
– If you continually show strange markings on your tongue, it could be the result of bruxism.
– Common visual indications of bruxism include teeth that look abnormal and damaged.
– Serious harm to your teeth including issues with face pain or tight jaw muscles is often the result of bruxism.
– Do you have worn tooth enamel? It could be a result of bruxism.
– Do you have cheek tissue damage? Bruxism is known for causing damage to the inner lining of your cheek tissue because you chew on them at night.
– If you have headaches or earaches that are not originating in your ears, it could be linked to oral health conditions such as bruxism.
– If it appears as if your tooth enamel is wearing down as you sleep, or if you wake up with unexplained chips and cracks in your teeth, bruxism could be the cause.
If you would like to know if you are showing signs in your teeth on bruxism, or if you need help with treatment, then you have come to the right place! Please give us a call at 631-758-6689 to make an appointment. Our dental team is happy to help you.